Alfons Schuhbeck: The star chef has appealed

Star chef Alfons Schuhbeck (73), who was sentenced to three years and two months in prison for tax evasion, appealed.

Alfons Schuhbeck: The star chef has appealed

Star chef Alfons Schuhbeck (73), who was sentenced to three years and two months in prison for tax evasion, appealed. His lawyers announced this on Thursday (November 3) via a spokesman, as reported by several media outlets. "Alfons Schuhbeck stands by his guilt, but wants to be able to understand the sentence on the basis of the written reasoning," it says.

For this reason, Schuhbeck asked his lawyers to appeal the judgment of the Munich I Regional Court on the last day before the end of the period. The senior public prosecutor Anne Leiding told the "Bild" newspaper that they will not appeal. "Should the written reasons support the district court's verdict, I will ask my lawyers to withdraw the appeal in case of doubt," Schuhbeck is quoted as saying in the statement, according to media reports. Until then, the chef will not let up in his efforts to "repair the damage as far as possible".

On October 27, Alfons Schuhbeck was sentenced to three years and two months in prison without probation by the Munich I Regional Court in the tax evasion trial. The celebrity chef was charged with 25 counts of tax evasion and attempted tax evasion. The public prosecutor had asked for a prison sentence of more than four years without parole, his defense hoped for a suspended sentence. Schuhbeck had previously made several partial confessions in court. Due to the rumored amount of tax evasion of more than two million euros, a prison sentence was in the room.

NEXT NEWS