Caroline Wozniacki feels she can still win tournaments, and she will stop at the top.
Denmark's perhaps greatest sportsnavn Caroline Wozniacki threw on Friday afternoon a bomb, since she is on Instagram announced his retirement.
the Australian Open in January will be her last tournament before the racket placed on the shelf.
She states that the leddegigtsygdom, she was diagnosed over a year ago, no reason to stop, and she still feel that she can play with in the absolute top.
And just that is why she pulls the plug now as the only 29-year-old, she says in an exclusive interview with Good Morning America, which was sent out, immediately after Wozniacki had written his message on Instagram.
- the Timing feels right. I still feel that I can beat everyone and win the tournaments, and I would join at a time where I still felt fantastic, she says in the interview.
- I love the sport, and I still want to love the sport and have a passion for it when I leave it.
She says that it is a decision she has long contemplated, and that she only met support and joy of family and friends, which has been inaugurated in the decision to stop the career.
Wozniacki has previously made no secret of his interest in clothing design, but to the foreseeable future at least, also to center on the leddegigtsygdom, she has been found.
- We start a new sundhedsundervisningsprogram, who deals with rheumatoid arthritis, but I can not elaborate more at this time, " she says, and tells how big the influence it has had on her life.
- When I have had the worst, I have not been able to get out of bed. It is so painful, says the Danish tennis champion, who in 2014 also completed the New York Marathon.
And in the interview she rolls too fast, that there is good control over the disease now.
- I feel fresh and feel good. Maybe I run a marathon again at some point. Who knows, sounds from the dane.
She won the Australian Open in 2018 as its greatest achievement, but overall, she has won 30 WTA titles in singles - among other things sæsonfinalen in 2017.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 06 December 2019, 16:00