Amazon, Apple and Google are going to work together to ensure that smart hjemmeprodukter can talk together.
Techgiganterne Amazon, Apple and Google disclose Wednesday that they plan to develop a common technological standard for smart products in the home.
This is to ensure that more products will be able to talk together.
the Project "intends to improve the forbrugeroplevelsen of trying to use smart hjemmeprodukter, which are not mutually compatible", according to a statement from a working group.
- We believe that this protocol has the potential to be used across systems and assistants as Google Assistant, Amazon, Alexa, Apple's' Siri and other states.
A smart product may for example be a refrigerator with a small computer that can keep track of the temperature, the durability, and when to request new products.
the Collaboration also includes the so-called Zigbee alliance, which counts a number of manufacturers which, among others, Samsung, Ikea, and Texas Instruments.
With the cooperation will independent producers, in future, only needing to develop products to a single platform instead of many different.
- This has not happened before. Not in this way. They have had some collaborations on some individual things and at the same time been big competitors on the other. This is the most extensive cooperation, they concluded, he says.
With the agreement removed a major hurdle for companies developing smart home products. Therefore, according to Torben Vognsen with the cooperation get to see many new products with intelligence.
- We are going to see many new products, and we're going to see very many existing products, that suddenly gets intelligence, he says, and adds:
- Many companies have good be able to take the step, but have looked at the market and thought that it was too cumbersome with all the standards and platforms they develop for.
the Cooperation will not only remove a major disincentive for the producers, but also consumers.
- If you need to buy a smart coffee machine, then you should keep an eye on, though it only works with Google, or will it also works together with Apple or Amazon. Hopefully it will be the past soon, says Torben Vognsen.
/ritzau/AFPUpdated Date: 18 December 2019, 19:00