Freja Cohrt was last year, sorted from just before the european championship. Now she's finally ready for its first finals.
It is five years since Freja Cohrt played its first official test match, but now as the winger from Odense ready to debut at the finals.
Cohrt is among the 16 players, as the coach Klavs Bruun Jørgensen writes in the WORLD cup-the tournament prior to Saturday's opening game against Australia, which will be her first appearance on the big stage.
- It is a highlight in my career. For me it is very, very great, and something I have dreamed for a long time, says Freja Cohrt.
She was close last year, but was strained from the of coach Klavs Bruun Jørgensen, immediately before the european championships in France.
At the apartment got Lark Nolsøe and Fie Woller the two seats, and it was a bad downturn for the Cohrt to be opted out so close to the goal.
I was hugely annoyed. But it is also how it is in the sports world. There is so much competition, and it is a part of our everyday lives.
- of Course, it goes me on, when I lose or not be taken. It is my whole heart and passion, I put it here.
She calls last year's experience for a wakeup call and has since worked hard to improve his defensive.
It has l. thus rewarded with a WORLD cup ticket, while the Fie Woller this time pulled a rivet.
- When you get rejected, is to look inward. It does no good to point to the other. I know that there is a fierce battle for the seats. It has been in years, " says Freja Cohrt.
Saturday, waiting for the WORLD cup-their debut, and it may very well be a battle in which the event itself becomes a bigger opponent than the australians.
as the winger tries not to worry about the pressure and the expectations that follows when one acts with the whole of the håndboldinteresserede Denmark as a spectator.
- I have been to many collections, and has played international matches before. But I know that when we go in the walk on Saturday, it will be very intense, and I am looking forward to that experience.
- It should not sound as if I'm just a happy little julegris, but the concerns don't do something well, " says Freja Cohrt.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 29 November 2019, 20:00