for family reasons stop Patrekur Jóhannesson as the head coach of the Skjern Handball after the season.
Skjern Handball will be going through a trænerskift before the next season.
on Thursday, announces the club on its website that Patrekur Jóhannesson for family reasons stops in the west jutland handball club at the season's end to return to the Island.
For the time being his job as the head coach taken over by assistant coach Claus Hansen.
- I enjoy Skjern as a club and city, but it is too difficult to stay away from my family, which live their own life in the Island. Therefore, I have decided to return to my homeland after this season.
- It has been a terribly difficult decision, as I am surrounded by amazing people in a club, which has taken so well against me. The decision has been taken, and now we go all-in on the last half year, that should be good, says the icelandic coach.
Thus his stay at the club much shorter than first planned. He replaced Ole Nørgaard in the summer, and the two had signed a three-year contract.
Skjern-president Carsten Thygesen regret itself.
- We will enjoy the cooperation with him for the rest of the season, where we still have exciting challenges in front of us.
- at the same time, we are pleased to Claus Hansen has taken up the challenge as head coach, and thus, we ensure that the course, as Claus and Patrekur has posted, can continue and be developed further, says Carsten Thygesen.
the assistant Coach is excited at his impending promotion.
- I have all ways been incredibly happy with my first months in Skjern Handball. Therefore, there should not soves many times on the offer to be head coach in a well-organized club with good values and an exciting spillertrup.
- Right now is the eyes, however, directed to continue the good cooperation with Patrekur, so that together we can get the best out of this season, says Claus Hansen.
Currently Skjern number four in the Early Tours the League.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 19 December 2019, 12:01