Sportsrusland hold the breath, when the Wada on Monday to take a position on whether the country should be excluded from the OLYMPICS.
Monday is a potential skæbnedag for Russian sport. Here you can learn about the why:
* An expert committee under The world anti-doping agency (Wada) has come up with a wide range of recommendations for ways in which on the punishment of Russia for dopingfusk. It is recommended, among other things, that Russia as a nation is excluded from all of the major sporting events in four years, including the OLYMPICS in 2020 and the winter OLYMPICS in 2022.
* It is also recommended that Russia be deprived of the host for all the sportevents, the country must settle in the course of the next four years - unless it is for practical or legal reasons is impossible to move the hosting to another country. In the exclusion period, Russia should also not bid on the major for upcoming sports competitions.
* Recommendations are made on the basis of Russia for a number of years has seen large on anti-doping rules and has been provided antidopingdata, before the data was handed over to Wada.
* the Head of Russia's anti-doping agency, Yuri Ganus, recognizing that Russia has committed antidopingovertrædelser and manipulated with the provided data. He expects, therefore, that Wada will follow ekspertkomitéens recommendations and to exclude Russia in four years.
* the committee of experts will come clean athletes to the rescue. Russian athletes, who can prove that they have not been a part of the dopingprogrammet, must participate in the big idrætsevents. But they must compete under the neutral flag, not the Russian flag.
* Russia has the opportunity to appeal against Monday's Wada decision to The International court of arbitration for sport (CAS). Excluded Russia, but the decision is open to appeal, will the russians may be able to participate in sporting events, until CAS traps judgment in the case.
Source: the Danish sports Federations, Wada and the AFP.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 09 December 2019, 06:00