Boris Johnson, who took over premierministerposten from Theresa May, was not chosen through a general election.
Boris Johnson has been the british prime minister, since he is 24. July 2019 was identified as Theresa Mays successor.
Here you can learn how Johnson ended up as prime minister:
* In may, announced the then prime minister Theresa May, that she withdrew. It came to pass, after nearly three years as the Uk's leader and after several failed attempts to vote in a brexitaftale through in the parliament.
* Mays farewell shot once in a duel in The Conservative Party to take over her post and thus also the responsibility for the brexit.
* In June, there was put the names of the ten candidates who stood. In the course of the next period of time was the list cut down to two by internal polls in the party.
* Boris Johnson, a former foreign minister and the London mayor, was one of the two. The other was the then secretary of state Jeremy Hunt.
* By her among about 160 000 conservatives should the party's next leader is chosen. The british people got no influence on whether the country's next leader should be Johnson or Hunt.
* Johnson was elected as the party's next leader with 92.153 votes. It was almost twice as many as the Hunt, there was 46.656 votes.
* a 55-year-old Boris Johnson was formally endorsed as prime minister 24. July.
/ritzau/Date Of Update: 12 December 2019, 08:00