national coach was hardly thrilled with the defensive effort, as Denmark delivered against France.
After a volatile WORLD cup finals for the Danish håndboldkvinder be able to players and b allow a provisional sigh of relief come out with a hard-won victory over France at 20-18.
the Victory means that Denmark is on to mellemrunden and thus remain in the game for both semi finals and the OLYMPICS-seats, though the former can be difficult.
the national Coach Klavs Bruun Jørgensen was after the victory happy with the result and especially the defensive effort.
- I am incredibly proud of. Especially the defence, we were super disciplined, our return was excellent, and we gave no contras away, says national coach to DR.
- Angrebsmæssigt we knew it be hard, but we resolved it fairly well.
In the target the legendary Sandra Toft, once again, for Denmark, and Klavs Bruun Jørgensen was very happy with the defensive work, which the team delivered.
- Sandra Toft was amazing. She had today also a defense, where she was with to determine where the shots had come. The work, which Haugsted made together with Bodholt and Iversen, was excellent, he says.
the Tie or the defeat of France, the defending european and world champions had sent Denmark out in some close to indifferent placeringskampe, and Sandra Toft feared that it would end like that.
- If I am to be completely honest, I thought not quite on it (before the match, ed.). I tried all day to convince myself that it could be done - without truly believing in it, she says to DR.
- But the girls we're with, are the coolest in the whole world, saith the strong goalie.
Even though the joy was great over the victory, so will Klavs Bruun Jørgensen does not call it a test piece.
- So we should just win some medals first, he says.
Denmark becomes a single point over mellemrunden, where the team will meet Norway, the Netherlands and Serbia.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 06 December 2019, 16:00