Line Haugsted has been struggling with a ton of damage, but it has helped to train less and rest more.
While many of the teammates had more than a hard time keeping track of the to the opponents, acted Line Haugsted quite unimpressed in the hurly-burly in the central Danish defence in Sunday's WORLD cup crash against south Korea.
She emerged as the best defender on the Danish håndboldlandshold and can safely assume plenty of defensive spilleminutter in the upcoming matches at the WORLD cup.
It is otherwise just two months ago, national coach Klavs Bruun Jørgensen asked her an ultimatum: Get a handle on your physique, or stay home from the WORLD cup.
- In the collection in september, we talked about that there had to happen something, for it could not be by. Klavs would not have me, if I was to have so many injuries, " says Line Haugsted.
The 25-year-old back was in the teens hailed as one of the country's big talents. But small and large defects are again and again come across, and has slowed down her development.
the End of landstrænerens requirements was that Haugsted began to work out less. At the same time, she has become better to relax when she is not in the will.
- I liked to be active in addition to håndbolden, and it was not great for my body. I like to go for walks and ride a bike, and I had some fun ideas that I had to go a certain number of steps per day.
- But it does not benefit my håndboldkarriere, so we have taken away. It has helped very much on my feet, I do not go so much. Instead, I'm more on the couch. There is probably many who would envy, says Haugsted.
But in the national team is her task almost exclusively limited to the defensive.
- She has been a part småskadet, and therefore, I would like to have, that we only use her in defense. She needs to concentrate 100 percent on, " says Klavs Bruun Jørgensen.
national coach saves not otherwise on the roses and compares her intuition and ability to read the game with the former world star Jackson Richardson.
Haugsted accept that she right now holds one of the rear seats in the queue for the duration of the attack. But in the longer term, the ambition is to contribute at both ends of the pitch at the national team.
- going Forward, I'm hopefully tovejsspiller, she says.
A role as a pure defender, in the style of the assistant national coach Lars Jorgensen had on the men's team in his time, time not immediately.
- It I am thinking that I am too young for. I hope so. I certainly have more ambition, says Line Haugsted.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 02 December 2019, 15:00