The International Olympic Committee (IOC) to take a sharp distance from Russia's manipulation of dopingdata.
Who will be hit hard by Russia from all sides, after it has emerged that the country has tampered with dopingdata.
the Condemnation comes also from The International Olympic Committee (IOC), who on Tuesday requires a tough punishment for the culprits.
The International anti-doping agency (Wada) recommends that Russia be excluded in the four years from international sporting events.
The recommendation takes the IOC does not directly post to, but comes with a general criticism.
- IOC condemns in the strongest possible way those who are responsible for the manipulation of data from the Moscow laboratory before the data were passed to Wada in January 2019.
- This blatant manipulation is an attack on the sport's credibility and is an insult for sportsbevægelser in the whole world.
the IOC will support the toughest sanctions against all those responsible for this manipulation, writes to the IOC on its website.
once again, calls on the IOC the Russian authorities to provide the raw data from the laboratory in Klasbahis Moscow.
the IOC stresses that there can be innocent Russian athletes, who ends up being affected by the matter, if not Russia lives up to the claim.
- The guilty can be punished, and the innocent can be protected. On the way, the shadow of suspicion over the new generation of clean Russian athletes to be removed, writes to the IOC.
the IOC points out that the manipulation of the data alone is the Russian authorities ' responsibility.
- We note that sportsbevægelserne not have been involved in this manipulation.
- the Report does not indicate that the sporting movement has done anything wrong in this regard, in particular, The Russian Olympic Committee or its members, says the IOC.
the IOC supports Wadas letter of intent to allow Russian athletes to compete, if they cooperate with the national anti-doping organisations in every conceivable way.
About Wadas recommendation of four years of punishment to Russia, IOC reluctant, and will wait for further investigation of the case.
- With regard to sanctions, on top of this manipulation is we need to evaluate this in detail, says the IOC.
/ritzau/Date Of Update: 26 November 2019, 16:00