GOG-trainer was proud of the performance against Wisla Plock, which, he believes, won at the end of the målmandsmomentum.
GOG missed the Saturday the chance to advance in the Champions League since the away game against Polish Wisla Plock was lost 24-27.
however, It was with a vexed feeling, when GOG with a quarter back led with five goals.
It was something of a rollercoaster ride. We had it in our own hands, but then started to burn a lot of chances, says Lasse Møller, who was GOG's top scorer with seven goals.
The first 45 minutes were carried out to almost perfection by the inhabitants of funen.
We kept to the plan and had prepared us well. I am glad that we can still play good handball, and when we hit the level, we can beat Plock at stamford bridge.
- But of course, it is hard to win, when you lose a period of 0-7 in the final phase. It wasn't really anything tactical, but a kind of collapse of the bad endings, Adiosbet and burned the chances, assesses Lasse Møller.
GOG-trainer Nicolej Krickau would not take the word "collapse" in his mouth. He believed that GOG-the performance was better than could be expected in advance.
- I am extremely proud of the boys. With a young team, we played on a mega hard home, and dealt with the pressure at a high level. We played 45 full amazing minutes, but it also required many resources.
- It boils down to is that målmandsmomentum changed in the last 20 minutes. Plock had use for målmandsmirakler eventually, and since we lacked something in terminations, outlines Nicolej Krickau.
GOG laid out strong in the group stage, but has now only scored one point in the last four matches. With a victory Saturday, had the inhabitants of funen snatched playoffpladsen for the snout of Wisla Plock in the last round.
- As the program is put together, we knew that we would pick more points in the beginning than in the end. Had you asked in advance whether we could even determine it in the ninth round against Plock, I had made me doubtful.
- We have delivered the highlights, and gained experience with a young team. Had we won in Plock, it had been perfection, but we lacked just the last, say, GOG-trainer.
Lasse Møller agrees.
- It has been a rollercoaster ride. We were where we wanted to be and could even determine it. We've got big experiences and the hair on his chest, he says.
/ritzau/Date Of Update: 23 November 2019, 19:00