An advancement in the Europa League will strengthen FC Copenhagen's identity as a big club, believes Viktor Fischer.
FC Copenhagen's self-understanding and identity will be strengthened to go on to the next year's knockoutfase in the Europa League.
It tells the FCK-player is Viktor Fischer before the sixth and final group stage match against Malmö FF.
With a win or tie against the swedes will FCK be sure to go on to the next year of 16.-delsfinaler.
- It will be a great achievement to go ahead and then not have suffered a defeat in Europe. At the same time, we have kept ourselves in the fight both in the cup and in the premier League.
- It will be important for our identity in the FC Copenhagen to be able to go further in Europe, while we get points in the premier League, says Fischer.
FCK lag seven points behind FC Midtjylland, who lead the League, and it has high priority to catch up to central jutland and grabbing the DM-gold. However, Europe is also of vital importance, believes Fischer.
- It will always be the best League, which is most important to win to be able to participate in Europe, and then it goes to like a little in the ring.
- We would prefer to win the League, but to go further in the Europa League will be great for us as a club, so we have even more to aim for on the other side of christmas.
- We should not just be on the heels of FC Midtjylland, we also need to have something next to it, which can really confirm that we are a big club, explains Fischer.
- It is something else now than at any other point in the season, because the match against Brøndby was my best yet, where I was decisive with two goals.
- It has given me a whole different feeling, and I also played a fine match against FC Nordsjælland under difficult conditions.
- So I feel completely ready to play against Malmö and make a difference, says Fischer.
Before the match against Brøndby had Fischer not scored in the premier League this season, so goals were a redemption.
- It gave me a completely different ro, as I have had with me ever since. I feel more and more like the best version of myself again. The good old version of myself.
I hope to be able to show in the last two matches against Malmo, and OB. And on the other side of christmas I will really be able to shoot off, says Fischer.
But first, is it about the showdown against Malmo in front of up to 35,000 spectators in the Park.
- I think it will be a great experience for all copenhagen fans. The park will be sold out, so it will be a fantastic european night, with boil in the boilers, promises Fischer.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 12 December 2019, 07:00