Esbjerg threw Sunday, a victory against south Jutland late in the fight. It is disastrous for the team, think Jeppe Brinch.
Esbjerg midterforsvarer Jeppe Brinch was shocked by the way, the team of about five minutes, threw the victory away, as Esbjerg on Sunday lost 1-2 to south Jutland.
- It was a disaster. I am shocked at how we threw it all away. We had the whole fight under control, we played a fine first half, and so I don't know what we did in the second half, he says.
Esbjerg brought himself early on before, and long as it looked that the team would get three important points.
But with just over ten minutes left of the match levelled the game Jutland and shortly after scored the south Jutland so sejrsmålet on a penalty kick.
If Esbjerg had won, the team had closed the gap to the other teams in the nedrykningsstriden.
But after the defeat, Esbjerg nine points up to the Border at 11.-square the hole with a victory had been on three points.
Therefore, in looking Esbjerg situation a lot worse out now, think Jeppe Brinch.
- It's just become more critical. We can all see the table, and how much a victory would have done. Now we must work even harder, he says.
Esbjerg head coach, Lars Olsen, also believes that the defeat deteriorating Esbjerg situation significantly.
- It makes a big difference. It was a nasty fight seen with our eyes. It was a long time to go as hoped, but now there are nine points up on because of an unnecessary defeat.
- We can only thank ourselves for it, he says.
Lars Olsen believes that Esbjerg situation, that the team now need to focus on to avoid the last spot in the nedrykningspuljen, so Esbjerg can play a playoffkamp to avoid relegation.
- the Result means that we must take care not to end up on one of the two bottom squares. As it looks now, we need to go after to get to play the battle to avoid the third nedrykningsplads, he says.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 08 December 2019, 22:00