Dennis Flinta played on Sunday last home of Silkeborg. He is grateful for the tribute he got.
the Silkeborg player Dennis Flinta said Sunday afternoon farewell to the hjemmepublikummet at Jysk Park, since Silkeborg beat Randers 2-1.
It is not just anyone who stops their career after the future round of play. Dennis Flinta has played the whole of 386 matches for silkeborgenserne.
Why was the 36-year-old defender hailed before, during and after Sunday's battle.
- I am very grateful. It is great for me. My whole family is here, and I did not know that the club would make such a runner, but I am of course very proud of, says a happy Dennis Flinta after the victory.
All of the Silkeborg players running around with Flintas name on the jerseys instead of their own name, and it was also something that klubmanden was proud.
- So it may well be, that I have not been as big an idiot as I go and think, that they think I am. But it could also be that the pats, because I'm on my way out the door, he says with a smile.
It is a very experienced gentleman, who is leaving Silkeborg, and the routine is something that the young players have had the great pleasure of.
- Dennis Flinta has been tough in the good way. He is good to tell if there is something he seems to do better.
- He is for example very after me if I do not dare to challenge. Then he goes into and says it as it is, says match winner Jeppe Okkels.
the Young Jeppe Okkels is aware that Dennis Flinta is going to leave a void in the squad.
- He really wants his team-mates all the best, and he wants to make everyone better, even his competitors inside partnered at the back.
- Now we have some others who must step up and take some responsibility both on and off the field, he says.
Dennis Flinta was also named man of the match of the attendees in the audience, although he only got a good five minutes on the pitch.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 08 December 2019, 16:00