Mia Rej had to consider the situation carefully before she said yes to travel to Japan as the WORLD reserve.
She is sovereign top scorer in the Danish håndboldliga and at the top of the hierarchy in his club, Copenhagen Handball.
But at the WORLD cup, the situation is the opposite for Mia Rej. She has the status of a reserve on the Danish national team, and thus at the bottom of the team's internal pecking order.
It required as also its reflection, before the 29-year-old bagspiller said yes to spend several weeks in a WORLD cup camp, with no prospect of playing time.
- I have flipped it a lot with my gf and chatted with our mental coach in the club. I have tried to prepare myself as good as possible on the situation I am in, says Mia Rej.
- Before you say yes, it is important to make clear to themselves, if you feel you are able to lift the role.
- It is a role I'm not used to having at home in the club. There I am one of those who is at the top of the hierarchy and has much to say. Here I am at the very bottom of the hierarchy, says Mia Rej.
She was well on the way to establish themselves on the national team in the fall of 2018, when she was hit by a serious knee injury in a Golden League match against Poland.
The cost of participation at the european championships last year, and Mia Rej still waiting for the debut at the finals.
- It has had something to say in regards to my choice to take with you to Japan. Unfortunately I'm 29 years old and can't be sure that there will be a finals, more for me. It has definitely had an impact.
- I see it as an investment in my landsholdskarriere on the other side of the WORLD cup. Hopefully I am a little more inside in the group and in spilkonceptet at the time, so maybe I can tiltuske me some more playing time to the time, she says.
she Had to travel home from Japan without having been in battle, she can in spite of everything look forward to an exciting spring with the Copenhagen Handball, which right now is in second place in the league.
Here Mia Rej banquet the entire 102 balls in the net in the first 13 matches, and målfarligheden is completely intact, although knæskaden then held her out in virtually the whole of last season.
- I have since had my doubts whether it was good again. You know not, how the knee reacts. You also do not know how it has about a half a year. I enjoy just that things are going well now, says Mia Rej.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 04 December 2019, 17:00