Caroline Wozniacki has in her career represented Denmark at the premier show, considers the director of the DIF.
on Friday afternoon, it emerged that Caroline Wozniacki after the Australian Open in January stops tenniskarrieren.
At the Danish sports confederation (DIF) are you happy with the way in which tennisspilleren has represented Denmark through the last many years.
It says DIF's executive director, Morten Mølholm Hansen, to Ritzau.
- Caroline Wozniacki is one of the greatest athletes we have had in the history of denmark.
- She is a legend, I would say. What she has achieved, there are not many that come close. It is a big sports star, as thank of, he says.
Caroline Wozniacki has in her career, among other things, been number one in the world in 71 weeks, won the grand slam tournament the Australian Open in 2018 and 30 WTA titles in total.
Likewise, she has represented Denmark three times at the OLYMPICS, where she at the games in Rio in 2016, was the standard bearer.
According to Morten Mølholm Hansen has She wins and being made her a great athlete both nationally and internationally.
- She has been a fantastic sporting representative of Denmark, as we hardly get again in a foreseeable number of years.
She also has been a great representative off the field with his smile and winning personality, who has done that she is extremely popular all over the world, he says.
Morten Mølholm Hansen estimates that there is a long time, before the Danish sports again get a character with the same influence, as Caroline Wozniacki has had.
- She's going to leave a void, because we are not inventing a new Caroline Wozniacki each year.
- I know we have some really good tennistalenter at the moment, but there is still a piece for the Caroline Wozniacki-heights, says Morten Mølholm Hansen.
/ritzau/Date Of Update: 07 December 2019, 02:00