the Tone has been tough after Tuesday's downturn, and this resulted in a clearly improved effort against Brazil.
There has been a hurry in the meeting rooms on the håndboldkvindernes spillerhotel in Kumamoto in the past day.
the Players held a series of meetings in the wake of Tuesday's debacle against Germany, and the effect showed up with the same: Denmark won on Wednesday the first skæbnekamp against Brazil with 24-18.
- We had a few talk, and there were some truths on the table. It's about to make demands on each other, and we did today (Wednesday, red.). We did it almost to perfection, says the defender in Line Haugsted.
Also playmaker Lotte Grigel highlights krisemøderne as a major reason for the vastly improved performance against the brazilians.
- We have talked a great many things through. The talk meant that we could advance us in a day. It is the whole of the process, we have been through the past year, as we saw the results of that here.
- We have been a bit hard at one another, but in a really good and constructive way, " says Lotte Grigel.
With the victory keeping the danes in the WORLD cup tournament, and, above all, had the players shown, to the confused and buggy action against the germans is not the true picture of the team's level.
- We kept it cool the whole way through. I had the feeling that we were in complete control, says Lotte Grigel, who did not no effort to hide his relief.
- This is insane, how a handball can be. From being very down and very sad, to think that handball is the coolest, say Grigel.
Denmark and France play on Friday about the last place in the mellemrunden. Denmark must win, while the French can settle with a draw.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 04 December 2019, 20:00