appeals Court in Paris should Monday to take a position on whether Karim Benzema should be acquitted in old afpresningssag.
The French stjerneangriber Karim Benzema has not much to worry about on the pitch at the moment, where he scores the goal on the assembly line. But outside of the track has an unresolved case hanging over him for more than four years.
on Monday the now 32-year-old Benzemas they get a closure, if a French appeals court responds to the attacker and his lawyers ' desire to shelve the case against him.
It all goes back to June 2015, where Benzema as usual was selected for the French national team in the context of a test match. But stay in landsholdslejren developed something different than usual.
According to the accusation was Benzema involved in the extortion of his former landsholdskammerat Mathieu Valbuena. Real Madrid attacker acted allegedly the middleman for a friend who had come in possession of a sex tape with Valbuena.
Shortly after Benzema suspended from the national team, as long as the case was on. It has done so in more than four years now.
He has admitted that he turned to Valbuena on the sex tape, which a childhood friend had come in possession of. But he refuses to have participated in the pengeafpresningen.
According to the Benzema-the camp has a policeman who worked undercover in the case, used illegal methods to lure Benzema into conversations about pengeafpresningen.
According to the Real Madrid star is the policeman continued to contact Benzema on the subject, although he had said that he would not be a part of it.
three years ago tried the lawyers for the first time to get Benzemas case rejected, but at the time thought the court of Versailles, there was no reason to close the case against him.
A second instance annulled, however, the order and referred the case to the court of appeal in Paris on Monday to give judgment.
If the case is dropped, it will no doubt be a great victory for Benzema, and if politimandens work is illegal in this case, it can have a big impact on the entire case, where several others are involved.
For Benzema, it seems, however, that although the case against him is dropped, so is his landsholdskarriere over.
recently said the president of The French Football federation, Noel Le Graet, as follows:
- I think that Benzema is a very good player. I have never criticised his qualities. He shows again in Real Madrid, he is one of the best players at his position, but the adventure in France is over. His time is over, said Le Graet to the radio station RMC.
Due to the suspension from the national team was Benzema not a part of the national team, which in 2016 at home got EM-silver, and last year won the WORLD cup in Russia.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 09 December 2019, 12:00