The announcement had been expected for several weeks, following the decision of Donald Trump to put an end to relations with the world Health Organization (WHO). The us president has officially launched the procedure for the withdrawal of the United States of the world Health Organization (WHO), who he accuses of having been slow to respond to the pandemic of sars coronavirus, said Tuesday u.s. officials. "The Congress has received notification that the president has officially removed the United States WHO in the midst of a pandemic," wrote on Twitter Robert Menendez, democrat member of the senate Commission of foreign Affairs.
Congress received notification that POTUS officially withdrew the U. S. from the @WHO in the midst of a pandemic.— Senator Bob Menendez (@SenatorMenendez) July 7, 2020
To call Trump''s response to COVID chaotic & design doesn't do it justice. This won't protect American lives gold interests—it leaves Americans sick & America alone.
The notification will be effective at the end of a period of one year, on 6 July 2021, according to several officials of the u.s. government, the largest contributor to the un organization. She was sent to the secretary-general of the united nations, Antonio Guterres, "which is the depositary for the WHO," they said. The united Nations has also confirmed having received Monday, the letter of american withdrawal. The spokesperson of Antonio Guterres said that the United States, the founding members of the WHO in 1948, had to meet two conditions to withdraw from the organization : respect for a period of one year and be current in their contributions. The announcement has been slammed by the Federation of american scientists. It comes "at a time when there is more need for international cooperation" and withdrawal "will only harm the global fight against the Covid-19", she responded.
The relations are still continuing
The u.s. president had announced at the end of may "terminate the relationship" between his country and the WHO, it accused since the start of the pandemic show too lenient with China, when the coronavirus first appeared in December before spreading on the planet. The United States, which provides 15 % of the budget of the agency and is by far the first donor, "will redirect these funds to other needs and urgent public health world who deserve it," he told the press.
also Read Nicolas Baverez – Storm on the WHO
last week, a senior u.s. official of the health had, however, assured that the United States continued to work in the day-to-day with the WHO. "I have not been reminded, I have not received any statement for that I withdraw," said Brett Giroir, assistant secretary of Health, and member of the executive board of the WHO.