An Epidemiologist and a Professor of environmental health have made for "The Conversation" thoughts on the fly – not only as scientists but also as mothers. You will come to the conclusion that they themselves are not yet ready to get back in an airplane.
Nevertheless, Kacey Ernst, an Associate Professor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the University of Arizona and Paloma Beamer, an Associate Professor of Environmental Health Sciences of the University of Arizona, explain how anyone can minimize risk.the risk of infection while flying
is The scientists, according to the minimum distance of 1.5 meters in the aircraft could not comply with. Remind you that even asymptomatic people can transfer to novel Coronavirus. The risk of infection increases with the duration of the floated together in a confined space and thus, how many Virus-carrying droplets into the air.
recommended reading: All new developments to the outbreak of the Coronavirus you read in the News Ticker
however, with regard to these infectious aerosols, says Christian Drosten, Director of Virology at the Charité hospital in Berlin, less worried. In the NDR Podcast, he said, for planes, "we know that the Aerosol risk is relatively low". Certainly the couple of rows in front of and behind a Concerned, vulnerable, as well as the passengers on the left and the right. "Otherwise, it is not expected that the whole cabin would be affected by an Aerosol."
Similar to the Alexander Kekulé estimates. The Director of the Institute for Medical Microbiology, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg looks at the fly is no big risk of infection, he said, among other things, in the show "hard but fair". Provided: The air conditioning, the viruses will filter out, is turned on and the before and after landing. "When running, it is very, very unlikely that someone is contagious as it is, sits a row away from me," says Kekulé. Those who get Infected near, was not, however, necessarily protected. "If someone is in front of or behind me sits, and me all the time anhustet, there is a risk that I'll infect me."
Second, Serious and Beamer call the risk of infection via contaminated surfaces, i.e., shared armrests, the handle of the toilet door or folding table. Here virus could survive for hours. Who touched you, and then to the mouth, nose or eyes touch, it could become infected so. Experts like Drosten back, however, to such a lubricant to infections in General, only about ten percent of the Corona infections. More to the Coronaviruslook for The rates for the scientists to minimize the risk of infection while flying
- Check what are the security measures taken by the Airline – for example, if the middle seat remains free, or you can cancel, should be the flight to be full.
- Book a window seat. This makes it easier to maintain the minimum distance.
- you Carry on the plane a mask.
- Bring a plastic bag with Zip closure for personal items, the other to touch, such as the identity card or passport. So you can pack this in a new bag until you have the opportunity to disinfect them.
- Wash as often as possible with soap hands. Germany bewegendster Corona Song: "Victoriam" - Listen, we support the good purpose of FOCUS Online, Germany's bewegendster Corona Song: "Victoriam" - Listen, we support the good cause, Juicy and quick to prepare: The rhubarb cake with Skyr manages each PCP Juicy and quick to prepare: The rhubarb cake with Skyr succeed each