- high blood pressure (hypertension) in Europe, if the value is higher than 140 mmHg
- Systolic value is displayed in the age-relevant
- researcher: Systolic (upper) and diastolic (lower) blood pressure are important
Both of the blood pressure readings may be at increased risk for diseases such as heart attack or stroke. An American study shows that not only a higher value of the upper, systolic blood pressure indicates an increased risk of disease.
the lower, diastolic value was a good indicator and should not be neglected, according to the research team in the journal "New England Journal of Medicine".In the age of the systolic blood pressure value of key
so Far, experts are divided on whether both blood pressure values, equally well suitable, to an increased health to assess risk. Usually, the blood is pressure specified by two values - for example, 110 to 80 (systolic to diastolic).
Exciting, but just no time?
Now save articles for later, in "the Pocket"
The systolic value shows which pressure blood from the heart into the body is pressed. The diastolic value measures the blood pressure when the heart fills with blood between two heart beats.To high, to low? This is the optimum blood pressure value
blood pressure devices measure in units of millimeters of Mercury. The abbreviation is mmHg. You referred to the pressure that is necessary to have liquid mercury in a tube with a mm lift.
- medical doctors in Germany speak of high blood pressure (hypertension) from a value higher than 140 mmHg.
- the blood pressure Drops below 105 mmHg, in front of is low blood pressure (hypotension).
- As an optimal a blood pressure value of less than 120 (systolic) and 80 (diastolic). Video - lower blood pressure without medication With these foods s FOCUS Online/Glomex Video on the topic of blood works pressure reduce without medication: With this food works
In Germany, will be involved in the diagnosis of high blood pressure both values. Ulrich Kintscher, Director of the Institute for pharmacology at the University hospital Charité in Berlin, sees this with the study, confirmed: "Here is confirmed by a very large amount of data, the importance of the diastolic value. In old age, the study also shows, is the systolic value is crucial, but in principle both should be respected.“ (Display) upper arm blood pressure measuring device
with arrhythmia indicator, the WHO-traffic-light color scale for a precise measurement of blood pressure and pulse rate measurement with memory functionorder Now! is the Lower value is a good indicator for heart attack risk
The US researchers for the current study, patient data from the private health insurer Kaiser Permanente Northern California used. For the period between 2007 and 2016, received more than 36 million blood pressure measurements of about 1.3 million people. Over the patients, additional data are also known, such as age or pre-existing conditions.cardiologist: Everyone over 30 should have their blood pressure
are familiar with high blood pressure early diagnosis is particularly important: blood pressure Is permanently high, increases the risk for many other diseases, such as stroke or heart attack. "Every adult over 30 should know their blood pressure," says cardiologist Prof. Peter Trenkwalder, chief physician at the Klinikum of Starnberg, in the health magazine "apotheken Umschau".There are different values for Europe and the US
In the study, confirmed that elevated blood pressure increases the risk for certain cardiovascular diseases. In Europe, values are, as already mentioned, higher than 140 90 is considered to be increased.
In the United States has lowered the limit Recently and is now at 130 to 80. The study was based on two limit values. The analysis showed that the lower value is a good indicator for the risk of a heart attack or stroke.also read:
- The main signs of a sick heart even leg pain are the telltale warning signal
- The 4-6-10-rule - psychology-Professor: How do you wegatmen Stress and high blood pressure easily
- advice for a healthy heart - A cardiologist, what he himself is doing for the protection of the heart
are you given "It has been a long Controversy about it, what disease contributes to cardiovascular, systolic, or diastolic blood pressure, or both,“ writes Co-author Deepak Bhatt in a press release from Kaiser Permanente. "This analysis of long-term, extensive data shows convincingly that both are important. And it also shows that for otherwise healthy people, low blood pressure values are generally better.“
The German expert Kintscher is of the view that all adults should know their blood pressure. Depending on the height should then be periodically measured. "When hypertension is diagnosed, is now increasingly of the view of the self-measurement of patients, the patients should measure twice a day," says the expert.
in addition to drugs, there would be good opportunities to take on blood pressure impact says Kintscher. This includes regular physical activity and a healthy, low-salt diet, therefore, are: "It helps to go walk the dog and to waive the finished products." "She has never seen with a mask": a journalist puts Merkel burning question, FOCUS Online/Wochit "she has never seen with a mask": a journalist puts Merkel explosive issueread on the topic of the blood pressure:
- tiredness, dizziness, or palpitations - signs of a high or low blood pressure are often nonspecific, but may be a hint to act. What are signs for high and low blood pressure, you can find here. .
- Nearly two million people in Germany suffer from congestive heart failure. Often, the weakness of the pump unnoticed. Whether you are at risk? A quick check reveals, whether you to the doctor to Bauer pissed off because of Tiktok-Challenge in the mountains, FOCUS Online/Wochit Bauer pissed off because of Tiktok-Challenge in the mountains