The big travel days of christmas is the night before christmas eve and another on christmas day, predicts the Danish road directorate and Danish state RAILWAYS.
Rekordsalg of buy a seat reservations in trains, extra ferries and julerejsende, which primarily will be from Zealand to Funen and Jutland.
According to the Danish road directorate, DSB and Molslinjen are the two big travel days the night before christmas eve and another on christmas day. But højtidstrafikken will also be scattered, saith the Jimi Nyrup, who is an officer in the Danish road directorate.
- We expect some traffic out there, but it is enough to be relatively spread out over several days, because christmas is almost right after a weekend.
- most of The travel towards Jutland, denmark on Monday, while we expect that people turn the nose homewards 26. december from Jutland and at Sealand. So there's going to be much traffic on the way home, says Jimi Nyrup.
the Same tendency shows itself at sea with Molslinjen. It can be seen in the number of sold tickets, where the most people from Zealand to Jutland on udrejsedagene.
- There's going to be the most press on from Zealand. Then washes the wave against Jutland on udrejsedagene, says Jesper Maack, PR and communications manager.
- We have learned a little last year and put a fourth the fast ferry into. Last year there were around more than 87,000 travellers back and forth on the juletur, while in the year will be approximately 100,000 travelers. So there will be pressure on the.
Also at the DSB indicates the record number of sold buy a seat reservations, to the rail passenger chooses to travel to their nearest in order to celebrate christmas at scattered times.
- 90 percent of our customers choose to buy a pladsbillet in advance, so we can see where they need to go. It means that we can put extra trains into the places where there are many travelers, says Tony Bispeskov, the information manager in the DSB.
- There are several days up to christmas, where people have the opportunity to take of the place, but some are already on christmas vacation on Friday. The biggest departure date will be Monday, and then take most of the home 26. or 27. december.
You can find out more about trains on DSB's app or on the website.
you can Also inform themselves continuously about the traffic on the Directorate website and on the P4 Traffic.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 20 December 2019, 05:00