It is to remember the umbrella when you head off to celebrate christmas eve, sounds the call from DMI.
There is no white christmas in years. Christmas is being rather gray in gray.
this is the sound of the forecast from the Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI) early Monday morning.
Both the 23. december, christmas eve and christmas day offers plenty of clouds with rain of and on.
- It being overall a gray christmas this year, " says Janice Brødsgaard, there is a duty meteorologist at DMI.
- But in return the weather becomes calm and quiet, and it's not going to cause great inconvenience to juletrafikken.
Monday will be the wettest and luneste day of the week as a low pressure moves up across the country. Temperatures range between five and seven degrees, but locally may be up to eight degrees.
On the afternoon of doing it up in the southern part of the country, where you might be lucky enough to get a glimpse of the sun.
But there is a reason to prepare for possible rain, if you must be outdoors, both the night before christmas eve, and on christmas eve, stresses the weatherman.
- Christmas day and 2. christmas day the weather becomes more stable and dry, and the sun will peep more forward, so there will be good opportunities to get outdoors in the holidays.
In the daytime will temperatures in the holiday season lay between five and seven.
But whenever there are gaps in the cloud cover, should you, in the evening and at night be aware that there may come a rim on the road.
- Although it may not be frost, so it can down by the roadside well be cooler, so you need to be aware, says the weatherman.
When we get past the holidays, increases the risk of frost and slippery roads significantly.
Thursday and Friday will be nice, sunny days. But on the night it can be night frost, and locally all the way down to minus five degrees, says Janice Brødsgaard.
- But this applies to the entire week, you should keep an eye on the hoarfrost on the roads and sidewalks of the evening and night.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 23 December 2019, 08:00