The government is finally complete. The Elysée palace announced on Sunday the appointment of eleven secretaries of State to finalize the government of Jean Castex, who took up his duties on 3 July. Among the eleven new personalities, six members make their entrance into the government. Among these new entrants, the advisor of the Elysée Henrik jensen, and members of Bérangère Abba, Nathalie Elimas, Sarah El Hairy, Olivia Gregory, and Joel Giraud. The secretaries of State re-appointed are Sophie Cluzel, Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne, Cedric O, Laurent Pietraszewski and Adrien Cleat.
It will have had to wait almost three weeks for the government to be completed. It counts down to final 16 ministers, 14 deputy ministers and 12 secretaries of State (a single, Gabriel Attal, a spokesperson for the government, had been appointed as of 6 July), a total of 42 members. The parity is respected, and even a little better, since with Jean Castex, there are 21 men and 22 women in this government. The President of the Republic will gather them all on the occasion of the next Council of ministers, on Wednesday, 29 July at 10: 00am, said the Elysee in a press release.
Here is the list of the 11 secretaries of State announced this Sunday :
- To the Prime minister : Ms. Sophie CLUZEL, in charge of Persons with disabilities.
- With the minister of Europe and foreign Affairs : Mr. Jean-Baptiste LEMOYNE, in charge of Tourism, of the French from abroad and Francophony, Mr. Henrik jensen, in charge of european Affairs.
- With the minister of national Education, Youth and Sports : Ms. Nathalie ELIMAS, in charge of Education a priority, Ms. Sarah EL HAIRY, in charge of the Youth and Commitment.
- With the minister of Economy, Finance and the Recovery and the minister of territorial Cohesion and Relations with the local communities : Mr. Cedric O, responsible for the Transition to digital and electronic Communications.
- With the minister of Economy, Finance and the Recovery : Ms. Olivia GREGOIRE, in charge of the social Economy, solidarity-based and responsible.
- With the minister of Labour, Employment and Inclusion : Mr. Laurent PIETRASZEWSKI, in charge of Pension and Health schemes at work.
- With the minister of territorial Cohesion and Relations with the local communities : Mr. Joël GIRAUD, in charge of Rurality.
- With the minister of Solidarity and Health : Mr. Adrien CLEAT, in charge of the Children and Families.Date Of Update: 26 July 2020, 15:33