bus company Movia insert 48 elbusser in Copenhagen on Sunday. It is a part of major step towards CO2 reduction.
From Sunday will be significantly fewer buses in Copenhagen at the noise and emit large quantities of CO2, when, among others, transport minister Benny Engelbrecht (S) on Sunday to inaugurate the 48 new elbusser in the metropolitan area.
the Fleet of elbusser replaces dieselbusserne, and according to the bus company Movia, who are for the operation, reduces the annual CO2-emissions from buses in Copenhagen and Frederiksberg with 4300 tons. This corresponds to 22 percent of the current.
Transport minister Benny Engelbrecht (S) see it as a good step towards that buskørslen in Denmark in the course of the next year will be completely green.
- It is a very good step. 11 percent of the buses in the country will run on anything other than diesel before the end of 2019, says Benny Engelbrecht.
Several bus companies have, however, contracts of 10-12 year duration, and is thus bound to dieselbusserne. Among other things, is Fynbus first ready to replace the buses on the island of Funen in 2023, when they can make a new offer.
In the currently running 205 diesel cars around on the island of Fyn, according to the New York times.
The problem recognises, Benny Engelbrecht, although his vision is that all buses are climate-friendly. But he will not set a specific goal.
- It is clear, I have a goal that all new buses are going to run climate-friendly and CO2-neutral Electricity, biogas or hydrogen for that matter. A very precise objective is natural to think in klimahandlingsplanen.
- I think it should go as fast as it is possible. However, it is unwise to terminate ongoing contracts. So one must think green at the next offer, he says.
In the just-negotiated budget for 2020 was the parties agreed to allocate 75 million dollars for among other things, the greening of bus and coach services.
You don't know yet what money exactly to go to, but it could among other things be for charging stations, so the transition to elbusser easier for bus and coach operators, explains the minister.
- part of the municipalities is far in the conversion. But we would like even longer, and therefore we would like to support, to even more buses will be green, says transport minister Benny Engelbrecht (S).
Also at the lord mayor is the joy of the new fleet of elbusser in the city.
- It is a vital step towards a greener Copenhagen with clean air and I am extremely pleased that the government now prioritises the green transition to elbusser, said Frank Jensen in a press release.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 08 December 2019, 13:00