Despite the several passengers is the biggest departure date, lillejuleaftensdag, according to DSB flow smoothly.
more and More people have taken the train between regions up to christmas compared with last year.
the DSB report about 22 percent more tickets sold than in 2018.
in Fact, you should five years back in time to find comparable sales figures.
- We can see that especially the young are returned to us. There are several reasons for this. One is that we in the higher the degree, has offered the Orange and the Orange Free tickets.
- We also find that young people are demanding a more sustainable julerejse, says information services manager Tony Bispeskov, DSB.
the Increase in ticket sales is the expression of a trend, as the DSB has seen through several months, he says.
- Since July we have each month won market share from cars and buses in the traffic between regions, says Tony Bispeskov.
- today, lillejuleaftensdag, is the year's largest rejsedag for us, and here are the trains gone to the time, says informationschefen.
When everything is progressing according to plan despite the growing number of travellers, is, according to Tony Bispeskov along with that juletrafikken in the year is spread out over four days.
- There have been four days to settle juletrafikken, and that is why it has gone quiet and tranquil, despite a large number of travellers, he says.
Also on the roads, traffic moved without problems lillejuleaftensdag.
- We have not had the problems that have given significant delays in traffic.
- in Fact, it reminds most of all on a Monday in the summer holidays, says Camilla Eghøj, there is an officer in the Directorate Trafikinformationscenter.
2. christmas day is considered to be the major hjemrejsedag, and is expected to close traffic on the roads.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 23 December 2019, 19:00