Case of the sex tape : the parquet de Versailles request a trial for Benzema - The Point

A trial for "complicity in attempted extortion" was required against the star striker of Real Madrid Karim Benzema in the case of the blackmail over sextape o

Case of the sex tape : the parquet de Versailles request a trial for Benzema - The Point

A trial for "complicity in attempted extortion" was required against the star striker of Real Madrid Karim Benzema in the case of the blackmail over sextape of Mathieu Valbuena in 2015, said Thursday, July 2, 2020 the public prosecutor of Versailles interviewed by Agence France-Presse. Karim Benzema is suspected of having encouraged his ex-teammate in the France team to pay blackmailers who threatened to reveal an intimate video the featuring. The prosecutor has also requested a trial for four other men orbiting in the middle of the football, but he has requested a non-place for Djibril Cissé, indicted for complicity.

The prosecution also asked for a trial for four other men orbiting in the middle of a football for attempted blackmail in re-offending for two of them, but has requested a non-place for Djibril Cissé, indicted for complicity. Furthermore, it has "required a' non-place ' for all as the head of the criminal association ", said the prosecutor.

While the French team was preparing in October 2015, a friendly match against Armenia in Nice, Karim Benzema had spoken with Mathieu Valbuena the existence of an intimate video on this last. For the player of the Real, it was a simple friendly conversation to prevent her partner. Valbuena speaks to the contrary of an injunction to pay. For several months, an anonymous person was trying to get in contact with him to make it sing in exchange for this sextape. Valbuena had quickly identified those who were trying to extort : Mustapha Zouaoui and Axel Angot, two men centered in the middle of the football in Marseille.

Persona non grata in the France team

The two men were then placed on listening and investigators have intercepted a conversation between these two men, and Karim Zenati, childhood friend of Karim Benzema. The latter assured them that the star striker of the team of France would intervene with Valbuena to talk about the existence of this video. In November 2015, a few months away from Euro 2016, organized in France, Benzema and his friend Karim Zenati were placed in police custody and then brought into consideration.

Since then, Karim Benzema, has been recalled to the French national Team (81 selections) and has not ceased to proclaim his innocence. Mathieu Valbuena (52 selections) has never been recalled in Blue either. The attacker of the Real tried to cancel the procedure, challenging the actions of an undercover policeman who was pretending to be an intermediary appointed by Mathieu Valbuena. According to the defence, it would have encouraged the protagonists of the affair to commit a crime, pushing them to ask for a ransom. In December 2019, the Court of cassation has judged to be consistent with the methods of the police, opening the way to a trial. Djibril Cisse, ex-international and partner of Valbuena at Marseille, had been the first to have informed the current player of Olympiakos for the existence of the video, but claimed he simply wanted to prevent it.

Updated Date: 02 July 2020, 14:33

You need to login to comment.

Please register or login.

RELATED NEWS