This is a new unexpected development in the case of Khashoggi. The children of the journalist of saudi arabia who was assassinated in 2018 on Friday announced that they forgave the killers of their father. "We, the sons of the martyr Jamal Khashoggi, announce that we forgive those who have killed our father", wrote on Twitter Salah Khashoggi, son of the former journalist at the Washington Post. It is not yet known the legal consequences of the announcement by Salah Khashoggi, who resides in saudi Arabia.
Jamal Khashoggi, a critic of the saudi regime after having been near, had been murdered and his body cut into pieces on October 2, 2018 in the consulate of saudi Arabia in Istanbul where he had gone to retrieve a document. According to Turkey, Khashoggi was strangled and then his body was dismembered at a mission operated by a team of fifteen people. The remains of the editorialist of 59 years have never been found. After having denied the murder, and then put forward a number of contradictory versions, the authorities in Riyadh have said that it was committed by saudi agents who had acted alone and without orders from senior officers. The crown prince Mohammed bin Salman, said MBS, has been appointed by the Turkish officials and us as the sponsor of the murder. He was later told to take responsibility for the murder, but denied having had knowledge before it is committed.
prosecutions launched in Turkey
at the end of a trial opaque in saudi Arabia, five Saudi arabia have been sentenced to death, three sentenced to prison. Eleven people had been indicted. Salah Khashoggi said that it had "full confidence" in the judicial system of saudi arabia, criticizing opponents who, according to him, sought to exploit this case. The Washington Post wrote in April 2019 that the children of the journalist killed, including Salah, had received homes of several million dollars and were paid thousands of dollars per month by the authorities. The family was then denied.
also Read "The United States is not the ally of saudi Arabia"
a month ago, Turkish justice has launched proceedings against twenty people, including two relatives of the MBS, the ex-advisor to Saud al-Qahtani, and the former number two of the intelligence, general Ahmed al-Assiri, identified as the masterminds of the killing.