60 000 euros in damage at a garage fire in Weilheim | Weilheim

A garage fire in because home provides a high property damage. The fire caused by the battery of an electric scooter. The fire brigade prevented the worst. We

60 000 euros in damage at a garage fire in Weilheim | Weilheim

A garage fire in because home provides a high property damage. The fire caused by the battery of an electric scooter. The fire brigade prevented the worst.

Weilheim – luckily no persons were harmed, but the damage to property, with around 60 000 Euro high: Sunday night burned a Garage in the Weilheim-based Au. The battery of an electric scooter had caught fire. The firefighters managed to extinguish the flames quickly.

dog woke the neighbors

the police announced that broke the fire on Sunday, 14. June, against 3.20 PM in the double garage of a Because Heimer's (59) at the Joseph-Off-way off. It was noted the fire of a neighboring family – "which, in turn, had awakened her dog," - said the police.

The Weilheimer military moved in with 25 Active and six vehicles. The helpers went with respiratory protection by a door in the Garage, and opened the gate from the inside. The fire, the flames had attacked from the Roller on a heavy duty shelf over, was tackled with compressed air foam. "This is a very effective extinguishing agent," says second in command, Stefan the autumn of the hometown newspaper.

the car and the PV system is damaged

However, in the Garage parked Mercedes, a 90-year-old was pulled because heimerin affected. The car had not burned, but "the smoke damage is already enormous," says autumn. Also was damaged, according to police, the photovoltaic system information on the garage roof.

scooter-battery burned

As the cause of the fire, the police makes a technical Defect in an electric scooter whose battery was connected in the afternoon to Load to the mains. For the fire Department to use after about an hour it was finished. The adjacent house was not damaged. "It's all expired off the hook," says the Vice-commander of the fall. He warns, however, given the incident that batteries, even the smallest of devices, to be loaded because of the risk of fire, "never left unattended". "They have a crazy energy."

Updated Date: 14 June 2020, 06:33

You need to login to comment.

Please register or login.

RELATED NEWS