Vocational Training is no longer the last in line

The years in which Vocational Training seemed to be in the last rows of the class are getting further and further away, as it consolidates itself as a very valid training option to focus on employability (the unemployment rate of young graduates in VET today is 13%).

Vocational Training is no longer the last in line

The years in which Vocational Training seemed to be in the last rows of the class are getting further and further away, as it consolidates itself as a very valid training option to focus on employability (the unemployment rate of young graduates in VET today is 13%). Even more so in the case of Dual Vocational Training, direct connection between training and company.

Clara Sanz, general secretary of FP (Ministry of Education and Vocational Training), highlights the actions in relation to the promotion of employability through the initiatives of the MEFP in matters of Vocational Training: "One of the keys to the Vocational Training project of the ministry to promote employability is the design of the new Organic Law for the Organization and Integration of Vocational Training,

recently approved. We could not continue doing the same for a different economic and productive reality (this rule replaces the old law in force for two decades)».

The new law gives all vocational training a dual character, in addition to promoting co-responsibility between VET centers and companies. «Any FP student (says Sanz) will necessarily go through the company to get their degree, with longer stays and higher quality. From the MEFP, and within the framework of the Vocational Training Modernization Plan, we work with nearly 300 companies from different sectors, to identify new professional profiles and update and design the training offer».

“Both the MEFP VT Modernization Plan and the new Law (continues the general secretary) are two essential tools to carry out the entire Vocational Training modernization strategy initiated by the Government of Spain at the end of 2018. One of its clear objectives is the reduction of youth unemployment. We need to double the number of technical professionals.”

The claim that this type of study is experiencing is already translated into figures: students enrolled in Vocational Training in the 2020-21 academic year increased by 28.7% compared to five years earlier, to 985,431 students, according to the ' Vocational Training Student Statistics. Course 2020-2021', recently published by the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training.

The data indicates that, in the case of Higher Level Vocational Training students, the registered increase compared to 2015-2016 is 43.3%, up to 507,335 students. Of the total number of students, 68.9% study in one of the 2,578 public centers that provide this type of education and the remaining 31.1% in one of the 1,293 private centres.

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS