Videos. Jets of smoke, invasion of land... Scenes of chaos after Saint-Etienne-Auxerre

Saint-Etienne was defeated 1 to 1.

Videos. Jets of smoke, invasion of land... Scenes of chaos after Saint-Etienne-Auxerre

Saint-Etienne was defeated 1 to 1. (5-4 t.a.b.). Auxerre, which made its final farewell to Ligue 1 on Sunday in the most chaotic of circumstances, was replaced by Auxerre. The field was invaded by thousands upon thousands of angry supporters as soon as the final goal of the Auxerrois Birama Toure, a symbol of victory for Burgundians returning to Ligue 1 after ten long absences, was completed.

Some people sent pyrotechnics devices to the official platform, which was protected by police. The stewards surrounded the Saint-Etienne team and the players raced to the locker room, just like the rest of the match. Jean-Marc Furlan, Auxerre coach, commented, "After the match I freaked because I took tears gas canisters. "We counted ourselves in order to find out if any were missing. These incidents are extremely sad.

Surreal scene at end of

The Loire prefecture reports that two Auxerre players sustained minor injuries in the scuffles. The Geoffroy-Guichard stadium, which is currently on probation for repeat offenders of this type of incident, is now at risk of severe sanctions. The Snella stand was shut down on Sunday due to incidents that occurred during Monaco's reception on April 23. However, this did not stop the violence at the conclusion of the match.

Police also entered the field to use tear gas against the crowd. Panic movements shaken the stands. The prefecture stated that there were still clashes outside the stadium and required the use of tear gas as well as a water-thrower.

According to Catherine Seguin, prefect of Loire, the number of minor injuries sustained by police officers and supporters is 14. "Three were taken to hospital for control", she said. She condemned "these unacceptable acts, irresponsible, and unworthy." She said that the 1,154 Auxerre supporters, and then the players, were able leave the stadium at midnight with police escort.

Saint-Etienne was sent to the French second division, and the crowd invaded his pitch. A lot of

Saint-Etienne's mayor Gael Perdriau reacted to the "descent into Ligue 2 ASSE" and condemned "dangerous acts with direct firing from smoke bombs aimed directly at the public [...], along with the degradations, acts of vandalism." Saint-Etienne was punished by relegation for a terrible season.

ASSE managed 32 points this season. This could have, in most cases sent it to Ligue 2. Saint-Etienne hasn't won any of the eight matches. With four defeats and four draws. The last match ended in a terrible penalty shootout.