Two minor children, aged 11 and 12, had to be rescued last night by firefighters after being trapped on the terrace of a flat, due to the fire that started in the kitchen.
The notice of the event, as reported by sources from 112 Castilla-La Mancha, was recorded at 10:46 p.m. in a house on Río Amarguillo street, in the Polígono neighborhood. When the firemen arrived they found the two refugee children on the terrace.
The firefighters proceeded to extinguish, rescue and ventilate the smoke that had spread through several houses on the fourth floor of the building, evicting the neighbors. However, even though they performed CPR, one of the family's pets died.
The mother of the little ones, L.M.S. 31 years old, and the children were treated by an ICU at the scene of the fire and released at the time.
At midnight, the evicted neighbors were able to return to their homes, except for this family, since their home was badly affected by the flames. They were rehoused by relatives.
The National Police, the local Police, two Toledo fire departments, an ICU and a Basic Life Support ambulance traveled to the scene of the events.