A fire broke out on Friday May 27 in the middle of the afternoon in agricultural plots in the town of Saint-Rambert-d'Albon (Nord Drome). A faulty electric pole on a farm is the likely source of the flames. Around 1,300 m2 were lost in the destruction of crops. Five fire engines and a house were sent to the scene.
The occupant of the house saw his home was under threat and instinctively rushed to water it with his garden equipment. He was fortunately spared. The fire was put out around 6 p.m. and the operation was "drowned" in order to stop any further outbreaks.