Processes: Boateng rejects the court's offer again

Football professional Jérôme Boateng, accused of assault, continues to reject a court proposal for an agreement in his trial.

Processes: Boateng rejects the court's offer again

Football professional Jérôme Boateng, accused of assault, continues to reject a court proposal for an agreement in his trial. The offer continues to exist, said judge Andreas Forstner on Friday before the Munich I district court and asked whether the 34-year-old had slept and thought about the proposal again. "Just slept," said his lawyer - an agreement was out of the question for Boateng.

At the beginning of the trial on Thursday, the 2014 soccer world champion rejected the proposal to the parties to largely withdraw the appeal and only to take action against the legal consequences, i.e. only to negotiate the amount of the penalty. He couldn't "reconcile this with his conscience" and he couldn't agree to the proposal, also out of responsibility towards his daughters.

Last year, the district court sentenced Boateng to a fine of 1.8 million euros for bodily harm.

At the time, the judge saw it as proven that the longtime international, who is now under contract with Olympique Lyon, punched his ex-girlfriend in the face during a holiday together in 2018.

Because Boateng, who denies the allegations, the public prosecutor's office and the co-plaintiff have appealed, the appeal hearing came about.

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS