After the arrest of a 31-year-old who is said to have killed two senior citizens in Schwäbisch Hall and the surrounding area, many questions remain unanswered. The alleged perpetrator will probably not answer any of them at first: he remains silent and does not comment on the allegations, as the police said on Thursday.
The man is charged with murder and manslaughter. He is said to have killed an 89-year-old in Michelbach an der Bilz last week and a 77-year-old in Schwäbisch Hall in December. He is also suspected of being responsible for the robbery of an 89-year-old man. The suspect was arrested by special forces on Tuesday and is in custody.
"Many questions are still open," said a spokesman for the Aalen police. Traces and clues would have to be checked and findings compared. It is not yet known exactly how the women died. It is also unclear whether the Serb has already become violent in his homeland.
Man with a criminal history?
According to his own words, he traveled to Germany with his wife and two children at the beginning of December 2022, the police said. He does not have a registration address in Germany. "The suspect's country of origin will be contacted to clarify whether there have already been any abnormalities there," said senior public prosecutor Harald Lustig. But the extremely high level of violence and the short time between the acts point to a criminal history.
It is also unclear whether the Serb is responsible for other crimes in Germany. The death of a 94-year-old senior whose body was found in October 2020 in Schwäbisch Hall and very close to the dead 77-year-old's apartment has not yet been clarified. The police are still investigating a connection, but have not yet found any concrete evidence of this.
The public prosecutor assumes that the 77-year-old died out of greed because the suspect is said to have stolen a low to mid-three-digit amount of money. In the case of those killed in Michelbach, the investigators initially spoke of manslaughter.