British Prince Harry (38) and his wife Meghan (41) have to vacate their property Frogmore Cottage on the grounds of Windsor Castle.
A spokesman for the couple confirmed this to the British news agency PA. Accordingly, the request to move came shortly after the publication of Prince Harry's biography on January 10th.
King Charles III is said to have deprived them of the property
In the book, Harry revealed countless details from the private life of the royals and made serious allegations against his brother William (40) and his stepmother Camilla (75).
British media had already reported on Tuesday that his father King Charles III. (74) took away the property in Windsor from the two out of anger about the book - but without naming a source.
According to reports, Charles is said to have offered the property to his younger brother Prince Andrew (63). For cost reasons, he has to leave his much larger domicile, the Royal Lodge, which is also on the grounds of Windsor Castle.
The pair were given Frogmore Cottage, which reportedly has ten bedrooms, as their home after their marriage in 2018 from the late Queen Elizabeth II. It underwent a £24million (€27million) renovation, initially at taxpayer expense. The couple later repaid the amount.
After they broke away from the inner circle of the royal family two years later in a dispute, they rarely stayed in Windsor. The couple now lives in the US state of California with their two children, Archie (3) and Lilibet (1).