A 13-year-old climbed onto a wagon at a freight station in Schwerte in the Unna district and was fatally injured by an electric shock. The teenager was taken to a special clinic with burns on his body, a police spokesman said. Accordingly, the 13-year-old had played with his sister on the premises of the freight station on Monday evening. There he climbed onto the parked freight car and was electrocuted.
According to the spokesman, it was initially unclear whether he touched the overhead line. But even without direct contact, the current could jump the air and reach the ground in an arc via the body, the federal police had warned in the past.
The 13-year-old fell from the wagon into a gravel bed, said the police spokesman. A railway employee discovered him there. The sister and mother were taken to a hospital in shock.
As early as Sunday evening, a 13-year-old climbed onto a construction site train in Langenhagen (Hanover region) and was seriously injured by an electric shock of 15,000 volts and is still in mortal danger. The federal police said on Tuesday that his condition was unchanged. He was taken to the hospital on Monday night with severe burns on his body.
According to the information, the 13-year-old was traveling with six friends on the platform of the Langenhagen Pferdemarkt S-Bahn station north of Hanover. There he walked over the tracks and climbed onto a parked construction site train. According to the federal police, the young people are between 13 and 15 years old.
An arc from the catenary hit the boy. The federal police emphasized that the voltage was 65 times stronger than in a standard socket. According to the information, residents reported a bang and a bright glow of light. The other youths brought the 13-year-old, who had fallen off the train, to the platform and provided first aid.