Mónica Oltra formalizes her change of version before the TSJ and denies that she ordered to investigate the abuse of her ex

The brief of allegations that the defense of Mónica Oltra has presented before the Superior Court of Justice of the Valencian Community to request the dismissal of the proceedings against the vice-president of the Generalitat, has put black on white the change of version of the leader on her role in the management that the Ministry of Equality and Inclusive Policies made of the case of sexual abuse by her husband to a 14-year-old girl under guardianship, between 2016 and 2017.

Mónica Oltra formalizes her change of version before the TSJ and denies that she ordered to investigate the abuse of her ex

The brief of allegations that the defense of Mónica Oltra has presented before the Superior Court of Justice of the Valencian Community to request the dismissal of the proceedings against the vice-president of the Generalitat, has put black on white the change of version of the leader on her role in the management that the Ministry of Equality and Inclusive Policies made of the case of sexual abuse by her husband to a 14-year-old girl under guardianship, between 2016 and 2017.

In his reasoned statement submitted to the Civil and Criminal Chamber -whose magistrates must decide whether to impute Oltra for being appraised and whether to take on the whole case- the investigating judge Vicente Ríos indicated "as the most reasonable hypothesis" that the councilor spoke with one of her subordinates -the deputy director general of Children and Adolescents, Gemma Plaza- to "order her to open an informative file" whose objective was to create an investigation parallel to the judicial one, when the case was already in court, to discredit the minor .

The opening of that file, which the ruling of the Valencia Court that sentenced Luis Ramírez Icardi -educator in the residence where the victim lived- to five years in prison -pending the appeal in the Supreme Court- already questioned, It is one of the key points of this whole procedure. "Neither of the two premises are true, nor are they accredited, for which we consider that they are mere speculations," Oltra's lawyers point out in the resource to which ABC has had access, understanding that the magistrate reaches a conclusion "wrong and speculative” that “contradicts the result of the practiced instruction”.

On March 7, asked by journalists, Oltra herself asserted that she had commissioned that document - which was called "Reserved Information 1/2017" - to find out what had gone wrong, why her department had no record of what happened and what actions had been taken to protect the victim. "(...) I commissioned that report, the file, leave people alone...", she stressed. «I commissioned the information file because I needed to know what had happened, I told the general director and the general director said: «Hey, find out what happened here».

The judge then requested a copy of the Compromís leader's statements from one of the media present at the event to include them in the summary. A few days later, during their appearances as defendants in court, both the director and deputy director general of Children and Adolescents, Rosa Molero and the aforementioned Gemma Plaza, categorically denied that Oltra had given any guidelines. Both defended that they acted on their own when they learned of the facts from the territorial directorate on August 8, four days after the vice president had received a judicial notice at her house with the aggressor's restraining order on the victim.

However, later -on the 25th of the same month, at the usual press conference after the weekly meeting of the Consell- he recanted and aligned himself with the version offered before the same judge by his subordinates: «I did not make a literal expression to the general director in the concrete and literal sense of opening an informative file, therefore, I did not order... open an informative file, I did not even speak with the general director in those days». He also stressed that his first words were framed within "a field of political declaration of support" for the Equality workers "in response to a hunt by the extreme right."

In this sense, their lawyers now also justify, the spokesperson for the Government of Ximo Puig made at first "some statements clearly conditioned by the sensation of injustice and impotence that he felt when thinking that this accusation was nothing more than the criminal instrumentalization that was entailing calling into question the professionalism of all the officials of the ministry who had been involved, as well as of the different professionals involved.

«No official of the Generalitat, nor workers of collaborating entities received an order, suggestion, indication or instruction, directly or indirectly, from Ms. Mónica Oltra to act in one way or another and specifically to open an information file or to hide data from the investigation or harm the minor in any way, ”says the letter in reference to the controversial exculpatory report, which led to the trial against Icardi being partially repeated as the document was not included, despite Equality sent to the Prosecutor's Office.

The letter also states that "the opening of the informative file, which is not disciplinary, falls within the powers of the Administration." In the same way, it maintains that there are no "objective indications of criminality that justify the opening of criminal proceedings" nor "the existence of any fact that justifies that actions were carried out to cover up the facts denounced by the minor and to the detriment of the latter. ». Nor are the crimes allegedly committed "concretized," they say.

Oltra is listed in the case as "interested" since the head of the Investigating Court number 15 of Valencia -which is already investigating thirteen charges and officials of its ministry- requested its imputation to the TSJ for being appraised. The Prosecutor's Office has given free rein to this request, which is expected to be resolved in a few weeks. The cause has its origin in a complaint from the victim -represented by the lawyer José Luis Roberto, leader of Spain 2000- and a parallel complaint from the Gobierna-te association, chaired by the co-founder of Vox Cristina Seguí. The formation of Santiago Abascal also exercises popular accusation.

In the midst of the controversy, the requests for the opposition to cease and the discomfort of her partners in the regional Executive, the vice president is on an official trip to Milan, where she visits this Tuesday with the Minister of Economy, Rafa Climent, the Hall Furniture International.

Regarding this change of version, the trustee of Compromís in the Valencian Courts, Papi Robles, has spoken, who has shown her respect for the judicial processes and Oltra's defense strategy, while recalling that they trust her management and has the support of his party. Robles has also insisted that in Compromís they are calm and have "full confidence" that the TSJ ends up filing the procedure.

Asked by journalists what version they believe of the two offered by the vice president, the coalition spokeswoman pointed out that "the one we believe is that the Administration is trying to guarantee citizens all their rights at all times." “We understand the context in which those statements are made. She has clarified them and therefore we trust her words », she added.

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS