Media: Court suggests shortening of trial against ex-MDR manager

In the fraud process against the former MDR entertainment boss Udo Foht (71), the Leipzig Regional Court suggested an agreement right at the beginning.

Media: Court suggests shortening of trial against ex-MDR manager

In the fraud process against the former MDR entertainment boss Udo Foht (71), the Leipzig Regional Court suggested an agreement right at the beginning. Presiding judge Michael Dahms said on Thursday that a "credible confession" could result in a prison sentence of up to one year and nine months, suspended on probation. Because of the further allegations of breach of trust and tax evasion, the proceedings could be discontinued.

There had already been a corresponding preliminary talk with the public prosecutor's office and Foht's lawyers. The public prosecutor's office gave their approval. The lawyers said in court that they still needed some advice. The main hearing was interrupted for talks immediately after the indictment was read out.

Working process ended with comparison

The scandal in the public ARD broadcaster came to light in 2011. In summary, there were allegations that there should have been felt and money smuggling. MDR then resigned from Foht. Foht had not commented publicly on the allegations at the time. A work process ended with a comparison. The ex-head of entertainment was considered an important promoter of careers in the hit show business.

Actually, the process should have started in 2018, but it was canceled due to illness. The presumption of innocence applies to Foht until the final conclusion of the proceedings.

Yorum yapabilmek için üye girişi yapmanız gerekmektedir.

Üye değilseniz hemen üye olun veya giriş yapın.

NEXT NEWS