In the case of the 19-year-old who was killed in Bramsche, the murder suspect is being held in custody in the Hamelin youth facility. As part of the investigation, an expert opinion was obtained as to whether the 20-year-old alleged perpetrator was delayed, said Alexander Retemeyer, spokesman for the Osnabrück public prosecutor's office, on Tuesday. In the case of 18 to 21-year-old adolescents, juvenile or adult criminal law may apply. Only for adults does the law carry a life sentence for murder.
An arrest warrant for murder was issued against the 20-year-old German on Sunday. The young man remains silent about the allegations, said the spokesman for the public prosecutor's office. The 19-year-old from the Osnabrück district was found seriously injured in a meadow near the Schützenhalle in Bramsche-Pente early on Sunday morning. Like her alleged killer, she had previously been a guest at a birthday party in the hall.
Both are said to have known each other before. "We don't know when they met," said Retemeyer. Based on the way the young woman's body was found, investigators are also assuming a sex crime. According to prosecutors, the suspect has no previous convictions.
Press release Supplementary notification 2. Supplementary notification 6.3.