A fire broke out in a residence for the elderly, rue Rosa-Bonheur, in Saint-Seurin-sur-l'Isle, in Libournais, this Monday, May 30. The alarm was raised at 3:30 p.m. Firefighters quickly put out the flames in a residence's house. Around twenty people were evacuated from the scene and taken to a nearby school.
The fumes caused a 75-year old resident and 19-year old employee to become sick and were transported to Libourne hospital. Three other dwellings were destroyed by smoke, and one was totally destroyed.
An investigation by the police has been initiated. The accidental thesis has been privileged.