A large amount of liquid glass escaped on Tuesday in a plant in Neuburg an der Donau in Upper Bavaria (Neuburg-Schrobenhausen district). According to the police, a glass pan broke in the hall of a glass processing company for an initially unknown reason. A 61-year-old worker was taken to the hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning.
As the police announced on Wednesday night, the leak was closed in the early evening. The deployment of the fire brigade, THW and rescue service then lasted until late in the evening. About 240 emergency services were on site. There was no danger to the population. The police were initially unable to provide information on the extent and amount of the damage.