After a man attacked two women at Neuschwanstein Castle, one of the two women died. This was confirmed by a spokesman for the Kempten public prosecutor's office on Thursday of the German Press Agency. Several media had previously reported.
The crime had already occurred on Wednesday afternoon, as a result of which there was a large-scale police operation in the vicinity of the world-famous attraction. According to the information, the two young women met the man on Wednesday afternoon on a hiking trail east of the Marienbrücke in the Schwangau municipality, from which you can see the Pöllat Gorge and Neuschwanstein Castle above. They are said to have joined the 30-year-old and then walked along a trail to a viewpoint.
The man then attacked the 21-year-old. When her 22-year-old companion wanted to intervene, he is said to have choked her and pushed her down a ravine.
According to the spokesman for the public prosecutor's office, an attempted sexual offense against the 21-year-old should have occurred. The man is also said to have pushed them down the slope. After 50 meters, the woman came to rest next to her companion.
The man is said to have initially fled, but then he was caught. He has been in custody ever since. In the course of Thursday, the investigators wanted to publish a press release.
Neuschwanstein Castle in Schwangau is one of the most famous and most visited sights in Germany.