After an attack on a 33-year-old at Alfeld train station in the Hildesheim district, all suspects are free again. The arrest warrants against two 17-year-olds had been overridden against conditions, the public prosecutor said on Monday. The 33-year-old is said to have intervened when a previously unknown young woman from a group of eight to nine people was molested. The perpetrators then attacked the man, who was seriously injured.
When passers-by intervened, the attackers fled. Five juvenile suspects were provisionally arrested on Friday evening. Three of them were released a short time later.