Accidents: 250 people evacuated due to carbon monoxide alarm

250 people were evacuated due to a carbon monoxide leak in a residential and commercial building in Pforzheim.

Accidents: 250 people evacuated due to carbon monoxide alarm

250 people were evacuated due to a carbon monoxide leak in a residential and commercial building in Pforzheim. In addition, two people were taken to hospital with minor injuries, a police spokesman said on Thursday. There was no danger to life.

A woman called emergency services on Wednesday evening because of health problems, the fire department said. The emergency services discovered an increased concentration of gas in the building and alerted the fire department. With the help of a chimney sweep and after measurements were taken, the emergency services determined that the cause was a technical malfunction in an exhaust system.

The affected apartments were ventilated. According to the information, the residents were able to return to their apartments after around two hours. According to a police spokesman, there is also a pizzeria and an Irish pub in the building complex.

Fire department report

NEXT NEWS