In 2019, the state has supported land based ones, and solar cells historically suffered financially. They can soon do without.
It has become so cheap to construct land based ones, and solar cells, that the state will soon not need to support new projects anymore. It assesses the environment minister Dan Jørgensen (S).
the Assessment comes after the Climate, Energy and Forsyningsministeriet has closed its latest tender, in which projects have been able to seek support.
- It goes stronger in the right direction, than I had dared to hope for. It is pretty wild that we have scored 2.5 times more renewable energy than planned for less than half of the price.
- I can't say exactly when we reach a støttefri future, but is approaching with rapid steps, says Dan Jørgensen.
In the supply - officially called the technology-neutral tenders for 2019 was allocated 258 million kroner. But when all the bids had come, there were only sought for the 157 million dollars in support.
It means that the state has supported the projects, which in total reads at 181 MW, with 1,54 pennies per produced kilowatt-hour. Last year it was numbers 2,28 ear.
The major focus in the field of renewable energy in Denmark right now, however, on the off-shore wind farms. They are more expensive to construct, but may in turn be significantly greater than landvindmølleparker.
Also here decreases the need for support, and already built wind farms in Germany without government support.
- Fortunately, it also goes in the right direction to the wind. Many of the projects going on out in the world, based on market conditions. And can therefore compete with both coal and other fossil fuels, which otherwise have been traditionally cheaper.
- all in All one must say that, in a time where there is much to worry about, then there are also bright spots, says Dan Jørgensen.
He would like to use the money that is saved by the just-ended offer - as well as the money, you are probably not going to use in the future - to support green energy in other ways.
Here is the focus on support for energy storage. One of the big sticking points about renewable energy is that production fluctuates up and down depending on wind and sun.
Effective storage will make it a stable source of energy in line with, for example, coal, nuclear energy and hydropower.
- There must be a part of development and financial support to, before we get to a place where storage can be done profitably and on a large enough scale.
- But you have to remember that when we started with wind power in Denmark decades ago, there were also many who said that it was too expensive and would never succeed, says Dan Jørgensen.
How overskudspengene from the support to the landvind and solar cells must be sent from the storage - and if they even should - must go through Parliament.
- the Government has a desire that we look at it all with fresh new eyes when next year we must make a klimahandlingsplan. There will be a need for very large investments.
And here is the good news that we suddenly have more money between their hands than we thought. I can reveal that it is not often the type of problem you have as a politician, the minister says.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 06 December 2019, 01:00