Pernille Vermund has come in vogue after the use of the word "perker", which, according to the critic is born of the times.
the Use of the word "perker" have from several pages sparked criticism of the New Borgerliges president, Pernille Vermund.
Redecorate used the word in a DR documentary that was posted earlier in the week.
the Word fell as a limousine with a person behind the wheel drove past the partiformanden.
At the Danish Language council tells senior researcher Marianne Rathje, that for the first time has registered the use of the word in the middle of the'80s.
- We have known it since 1985. It is probably a contraction of the words Persian and turks.
the Word has since been entered in the Dictionary of the Danish language and context.
- It is a term of abuse, which is born of derogatory, explains Marianne Rathje.
- Negro was once used neutrally, and since it has been perceived as derogatory.
- But the "perker" has always been used pejoratively, also in its original starting point, says the scientist.
Lise Bostrup is cand.mag. and teach foreigners in English. She is also the president of the association of The Danish Sprogkreds.
She also believes that the "perker" has a clearly derogatory connotation.
- the Aliens can use it on themselves in the fun. But I would never be able to find to use it, she says.
Pernille Vermund even have over for Extra Magazine defended its choice of words.
- now Let's call things what they are. You are a nigger, you nigger, if you are immigrant then you are the immigrant, if you are perker, then you are perker, she said to the newspaper.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 20 December 2019, 12:00