Denmark according to the Ministry of foreign affairs asked the Faroe islands to opt out Huawei as the supplier of the 5G network.
It is wrong, that Denmark would have put pressure on the Faroe islands to get the country to opt out of the chinese ibm users and business partners, Huawei as the supplier of its 5G network.
It shall notify the Ministry of foreign affairs in a press release.
- the Ministry of foreign affairs informs, that it is not correct, as evidenced by the press, "that the Danish ministry of foreign affairs has mentioned for the cabinet, according to the ministry of Defence would be best not to choose Huawei as the supplier of the 5G network."
Telegraph learned Tuesday that China's ambassador in Denmark, Feng Tie, has threatened top officials in the government of the faroes. The aim should be to get them to choose Huawei as 5G supplier.
the Threat should have gone on, that China would drop a free trade agreement with the Faroe islands, if not the country selected Huawei.
While China's embassy in Denmark has not yet commented on this part of the story, so rejecting the Ministry of foreign affairs that Denmark has the council the Faroe islands to drop Huawei, as it is otherwise stated in a secret recording, according to Berlingske.
foreign Minister Jeppe Kofod (S) says in the press release that he will not comment on the audio recording, which in the Faroe islands is a prohibitory injunction against the spread.
at the same time reject the Ministry of foreign affairs, that it should have mixed in landsstyrets decision to seek a protective order.
Here, the faroese faroes, Bárður Nielsen, the face of Feng Tie have rejected, that the faroese government would interfere in who the faroese telecom company Føroya Tele selected as the 5G-supplier.
Prime minister Mette Frederiksen (S) said on Tuesday in Folketingssalen, to the Faroe islands to decide who the country will choose to stand for the 5G network.
the Same message comes from Jeppe Kofod.
- It is also important for me to emphasise that telecommunications is an acquired area. The choice of 5G-supplier is therefore in the Faroe islands itself.
- As foreign minister, I will make it clear that it is vital that foreign policy is based on the fact that both we and our partners show mutual respect and follow the international rules of the game.
- It is the foundation of Danish foreign policy. It is how we work with other countries and how we work with China, as we have a good partnership with, the foreign minister says.
Among other Liberal udenrigsordfører, Michael entrepreneurial environment Jensen, and the Danish people's party udenrigsordfører, Søren Espersen, have announced that they want to discuss the matter at a meeting of the Foreign affairs policy Board.
- I understand that there is a desire to discuss the matter on Thursday in the Danish parliament's Foreign policy Board. I look forward to it, says Jeppe Kofod.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 11 December 2019, 12:00