Eight passengers perished in the serious train accident 2. January on the great belt Bridge. Read more about the accident here.
on Wednesday, the Accident investigation board published a final report on the rail accident on the great belt Bridge 2. January, where eight people lost their lives.
Here follows an overview of the accident:
* 2. January at 05.19: An express train leaves Aarhus and running towards the Copenhagen Airport. 131 passengers and three employees are on board.
* 2. January at 07.35: the Train gets hit by parts from an oncoming freight train from DB Cargo and make a hard braking on the great belt power link. The accident happens on lavbroen.
Eight passengers lose their lives in the accident, five women and three men.
Four seriously injured, and 12 people will be easier to damage. The injured passengers are mainly located in the train's front two carriages.
the Demonstration uncovers defective or faulty latches.
* 8. January: Traffic, Construction and Housing prohibits driving with lommevogne and provides that the rules of when and how fast the trains must run over the great belt, will be changed.
* 14. march: the Accident investigation board concludes in a preliminary report, that a combination of the strong wind on the day and an inadequate locking mechanism was at fault in the accident.
* 18. december: the Accident investigation board comes with its final report on the accident.
It points to a lack of locking of the trailer as the cause of the accident and writes, "that the only likely scenario is that sættevognstraileren was loaded with the kingpin in the stool, but the stool was not locked prior to the accident."
Sources: DSB, The Police, the Accident investigation board and rail net denmark.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 18 December 2019, 15:00