What christmas song has the H. C. Andersen written? And what rays from the christmas tree top? Test your knowledge of julesangene.
Christmas eve is approaching, which for many means it's time to sing christmas carols and hymns.
But how much do you know about the most popular songs that are sung around the christmas tree? And how well are you at home in the texts?
Test your knowledge here.
1. What is it that rays from the top of the tree in the "højt fra træets grønne top"?
(a) the Poinsettia.
2. The first verse of the Grundtvig popular hymn "The chimes now to christmas" continues with the words "the chimes for the high guest". But what comes then?
(a) ..."as even with David-harp complain, us thank you with a christmas carol."
b) ..."who gave us all his love, and greeted us with quiet peace".
(c) ..."which rose to the low cabins down, with nytårsgaver: joy and peace".
3. With the hymn, "Happy christmas, lovely christmas," has Kipling been inspired by an already existing christmas song. What?
a) The German "Stille nacht".
(b) The british "Silent night".
(c) The Norwegian Stille natt".
4. In julesangen "the Christmas tree with its ornaments" to the christmas tree greet from anyone. Who?
(a) the Sea and the lake.
(b) Oak and beech.
(c) the Bird and the seeds.
5. In the hymn "A child is born in Bethlehem" tells the story of the birth of Jesus. But it sounds also, that we should keep christmas in a particular city. What?
(b) Vimmerby, sweden.
(c) Jesus' city.
6. What christmas song has the H. C. Andersen written?
(a) "the Child Jesus in a manger lay".
(b) "Lovely is the earth".
(c) "A rose so I shoot".
7. "Lovely is the sky blue" is one of the most popular Danish julesalmer. How does the continuation of these lines of the second verse: "... but with one there was to behold, one so ready at heaven's bow ..."?
(a) ..."us from the earth up to himself".
b) ..."as a small stjernesol".
(c) ..."Jesus our savior big".
8. How to get the heat according to the julesangen "What a tremendous hustle and the wolf"?
(a) You must sit by the fireplace.
(b) You must package themselves in winter clothes.
c) It must be warm.
9. Who has written the text to Søren Banjomus?
(a) Otto of Brandenburg.
(b) John Mogensen.
(c) Dirch Passer.
10. What symbolize the rose in julesalmen "A rose so I shoot"?
(b) the Virgin Mary.
(c) the holy Spirit.
Answers: 1:b, 2:c, 3:a, 4:b, 5:a, 6:a, 7:b, 8:c, 9:a, 10:a.
Sources: christianity.dk, The Royal Library, Information.
/ritzau/Updated Date: 23 December 2019, 06:00